Vlogging is not as easy as people make out

It all very well knowing what equipment you need to begin your vlog.
  • A camera
  • Some editing software
  • A Gmail account
But there needs to be a smattering of inspiration and a focus.
Those that follow this blog regularly are familiar with my first attempt at a vlog post which sort to lay out what I had in mind.
To reiterate it there are three main components:
  • The ‘online diary’ vlog posting – which I suspect to be weekly
  • What I am referring to as ‘Book Corner’ (unless someone comes up with a cooler title and leaves it in the comments) which is basically a smattering of regular people I happen to come across talking about their favourite book and why they like it.
  • Finally there is the production side (which is proving had to get off the ground) But it basically focuses on a new book that has an engaging beginning and would make a nice short clip to enthuse us about stepping out of our usual reading pattern and trying something different.
Below is my stab at the weekly vlog Diary – Its not until you try these things that you come across so many potential issues. For example:
  • The Software editing lost the picture but inserted the sound.
  • The file type camera B used was not accepted by said software.
  • Backup software tool saved file type in a stupidly pixelated resolution.

The great thing about these holidays is that I get a chance to go shopping and find what I think I need.
Referring to the above list it appears I need:
  • A new Camera with decent mic
  • Decent spec computer – I’m not too keen to go the MAC way but if needs must.
  • Movie Editing software Am leaning towards Sony Vegas or Adobe.
Any helpful hints please leave a comment.
One of the highlights this week was helping put together a Grammar quiz. It is designed for a class of Year 6 students, identified as ‘Kauri 3’. However, the content is appropriate for any class to share on their blog as the embed code is regularly available. Try the quiz out below and see how you go.Good Luck!



No comments: