Some key ideas from the presentation are:
- Learning needs to be student focused
- There needs to be a shift in assessment and how data is gathered and used
- There needs to be a improvement in student experience
- Students learn differently, at different rates and in different ways
New Challenges for education:
World population is approaching 7 billion and continues to accelerate putting pressure on global resources.
Technological advancement is also accelerating meaning there is no clear picture as to what the future will look like for students today let alone their off-spring.
Age old issues:
Education needs to address the motivation, engagement, interest and imagination of students.
- RSA Animate - The Internet in Society: Empowering or Censoring Citizens?
- Ken Robinson on 'Finding your Inner Passion'
- Something just isn't adding up with New Zealand's child provision
- OECD... Simplifying education... Hoping she writes like Malcolm Gladwell.