Sinkin3: Copyright


Copyright in Education continues to be an issue among staff in many schools in New Zealand.
Just at the end of 2010 I received , by email ,the complete works of a prominent academic scholar. It was passed to me and several others via a pdf attachment.
I have wondered if sending the attachment was permitted. I have wondered if this attachment is the appropriate proportion of the original work. I have wondered if the laws around copyright and education have been made explicit to all. I have wondered if copyright was even thought of prior to the sending of the attachment.
 In this presentation I hope to lay out the facts and opinion around this issue of copyright with as much clarity as I can.
Below are several links to documents and sites that may be of use:Copyright licenses for schools- TKI 
Informing schools about copyright- TKI Copyright Council of New Zealand An introduction to copyright in New Zealand pdf, 235kBCopyright and EducationInformation Sheet: Copyright & Education pdf, 54kB

No comments: