ERO and NZQA in SURVIVOR challenge

Word on the street says, I mean the briefest of mentions by RadioNZ,  that the Education Review Office and Qualifications Authority are to merge in a major culling of the Education Sector. Jobs in both departments will be lost in the shuffle.

It would be remiss of me to not mention the opportunity to take a ‘SURVIVOR- Education’ stance to it. Where two equally matched teams battle it out over paperwork shuffling, cheek-blowing, head-shaking and under-the-breath muttering challenges. Each week members of the team would pick someone to be voted out by the viewing masses.

Perhaps I’m letting this thing run away with me.

On a more serious note, I am a little unclear as to what the merger will look like.

“ERO reviews schools and early childhood education services, and publishes national reports on current education practice.”

Whereas…

“NZQA ensures that New Zealand qualifications are valued as credible and robust both nationally and internationally.”

Two completely different roles to the layman looking in. But then, who am I to say?I assume that greater minds than mine have grappled with that question...right?






No comments: